Thanks to our sponsor The Good Beer Co, CitySmart gathered over 50 beer and sustainability lovers for this special event on 8 May at the Newstead Brewing Co’s new Milton brewery.
The Beer and Sustainability event was a chance for our partners and supporters to share a craft beer and discover some smart ways to improve the sustainability of their business. Queensland’s Minister for the Environment and Heritage Protection Dr Steven Miles also dropped in.
CitySmart’s expert corporate partners Queensland Urban Utilities, Cleanaway, Urbis, Incorp, CSR Bradford and Brisbane Marketing shared ideas to help the craft brewing industry improve business productivity and deliver sustainability improvements.
- QUU shared clever ways to minimise and re-use waste water.
- Cleanaway discussed the better methods of dealing with liquid waste by-products of brewing.
- Urbis shared their insights and experience in helping with the local government planning and the regulatory framework elements of setting up and expanding a brewery.
- CSR Bradford explained the benefits of smarter energy system planning to ensure cheaper and consistent power supply.
- Incorp introduced a novel way landlords and tenants can increase the energy efficiency of a site and reduce carbon emissions.
- Brisbane Marketing showcased the pathways to promoting a brew around the city.
Our expert’s presentations from the Beer and Sustainability event are available here (PDF, 3MB) including their contact details.