Seven years keeping Brisbane’s Green Heart beating!
The Brisbane City Council’s Green Heart Fair is Brisbane’s biggest free bi-annual community and sustainability festival. The Green Heart fair promotes innovative green living in a fun, family-friendly environment for all Brisbane residents to come and enjoy.
The Green Heart Fair is proudly managed by CitySmart on behalf of Brisbane City Council and strives to celebrate and promote innovative sustainable living for the wider-Brisbane community. The Fair is fortunate enough to have the support from longstanding partners such as Cleanaway and Channel 7, including new sponsors NuGrow and RACQ who will be there on the day providing interactive and educational programs and activities for all fair goers.
Highlights of the 2016 Green Heart Fair:
- More hands on workshops for kids and adults for a true understanding of sustainable living, with everything from furniture restoration and organic gardens to keeping bees with Bee One Third and happy healthy hens with Claire Bickle
- Test your sustainability credentials with our experts who will be on hand to rate your current performance and give you tips on how to live greener, with all-day Live for Less sessions and easy-to-implement advice on how to cut your energy bills
- Free plants with some 2,000 plants to be given away on a first in, best dressed basis
- Celebrity chefs to demonstrate how sustainable living can tantalise your taste buds too in the Eat. Live. cooking marquee, including special guest appearances from My Kitchen Rules’ Queensland contestants Alex and Gareth
- A star spotters’ paradise with House Rules’ contestants Luke and Cody from Dalby, with other Channel 7 celebrities and sports stars joining in the fun
- Get up close with Peppa Pig and George through our VIP experience competition giving kids a chance for a one-on-one with their favourite celebrity
- All day kids’ club where kids can create bird sculptures from twigs, enjoy rock climbing with bungee jumps, face painting, interacting with Australian wildlife and a jumping castle – all for free!
- Waste not your home garbage as the Cleanaway Waste Zone highlights ways to turn your ‘rubbish’ into an asset for your sustainable life and for the first time, featuring garbage truck rides and interaction for the kids
- Sustainable commuting with tips from the RACQ Transport Zone, including free bike safety checks and an all abilities morning ride
- Brisbane’s best artisans showcasing their finest creations from eucalyptus clothing, recycled jewelry, organic kids wear and sustainable homewares, provided by BrisStyle Markets
- Interactive arts workshops featuring Australia’s largest creative re-use centre, Reverse Garbage Queensland, who will be running an interactive arts project to create upcycled weaving decorations
- Three local bands, Pirra, Golden Age of Ballooning and West Texas Crude to keep the crowds buzzing all day long
- Sports for all ages with Brisbane Bandits baseball players, NetSetGo for up and coming netball stars, Little Kickers soccer and rugby drills for young kids and the Brisbane Paralympic Football Field of Dreams for all abilities.
Welcoming its 7th year since débuting in 2009, The Fair welcomes over 100 of Brisbane’s leading sustainability organisations, community groups, artisans, foodies, green-thumbs, conservationists, business and eco experts.
The Fair will commence on Sunday 29 May 2016 and will be located at 7th Brigade Park, Chermside, Queensland.
For more information, visit www.greenheartfair.com.au.