CitySmart’s annual Lord Mayor Partner Celebration recognised the vital role of Partners in making our sustainability projects and initiatives a reality.
In his speech at the Feb 1st event held in Brisbane’s West End, Lord Mayor Graham Quirk championed Brisbane City Council’s collaborations with our business partners.
- Working with Engie Australia on a project to build a shared District Cooling System for buildings in the Brisbane CBD.
- Support from partners like Channel 7, Cleanaway and Queensland Urban Utilities at some of our biggest events such as the Green Heart Fair.
- Great contributions from Cleanaway and Suez to Clean Up Australia Day 2017 and, more broadly, helping our residents and businesses improve waste management across the city.
- Working with AGL on the Reduce Your Juice program which helped Brisbane residents save on their power bills.
- The West Village project by Sekisui House which has been accredited with an environmental World Leadership standard, following the achievement of a Six Star Green Star Communities certification.
CitySmart CEO Neil Horrocks also highlighted some powerful examples of how our Partners are making a difference in the city, including:
- Cleanaway who are preparing to take over the operations of Brisbane’s resource recovery centres and who have a very clear plan to improve resource recovery rates for residents.
- Sniip who are stripping paper out of our waste streams with their new paperless billing smartphone application.
- Engie who are delivering big energy reductions to the cities corporate residents like Coles and Myer with great LED light upgrade projects.
- Queensland Urban Utilities who are leading the industry in the use of solar power for sewerage treatment plants.
- Esri Australia who is working with Council to improve the efficiency and sustainability of capital works in Brisbane with their new SmarterWX tool.
- Incorp Property Solutions who are helping commercial tenants in Brisbane to access low cost energy efficiency upgrades.
Finally, CitySmart was delighted to welcome on board these new Partners:
- Johnson Controls Australia – smart city champions who create intelligent, energy-efficient buildings and transportation systems.
- Arcadis – a global leader in built and natural asset design and management.
- Easy Mile – who are pioneering the use of driverless shuttles and buses in Australia.
Become a Partner
Talk with our Business Development and Partnerships Manager Troy McGrath about what CitySmart can deliver for your brand or organisation. Our current partners span energy (solar, electricity), commercial retail, media, auto, waste, water, legal/accounting, academia and engineering.
The CitySmart Partner Program acts as a powerful conduit between business, community and governments. Our Council ownership gives us a unique insight into the workings of government and the challenges and risks faced every day, insights that can be invaluable to partners looking to advance their business and sustainability goals.
07 3007 7004
0419 404 442