The Premier’s Sustainability Awards 2016 are now open and calling on businesses, individuals, community, schools, primary producers, not-for-profit and local governments to nominate for the awards. CitySmart is once again a proud sponsor of the Built Environment Award, showcasing the state’s highest achievers in sustainability.
Entering the Premier’s Sustainability Awards provides the opportunity to:
- Highlight your organisation’s commitment to sustainable practices such as saving energy and water.
- Gain recognition for your organisation’s achievements
- Showcase a sustainable business practice that demonstrates leadership and innovation in your industry.
- Increase awareness of your project or activity in the community or to potential customers or business partners
- Network with other key groups in your industry
- Recognise the work of staff in your organisation
By recognising and celebrating environmental excellence we can inspire and motivate others to take positive action to create a cleaner, more prosperous and sustainable future.
As sponsors of the Built Environment category, CitySmart was delighted to congratulate last year’s winners, Robert and Tracy McVicker who took home the Built Environment Award at the 2015 ceremony.
The couple were awarded for their one-of-a-kind owner built, high performance home located in Logan Village. During a twelve-month test, their ultra-modern home exported more electricity than it used and harvested more rainwater than it consumed. In addition, all of its wastewater was treated onsite and reused without chemicals.
CitySmart looks forward to presenting the Built Environment Award again to this year’s winner for their innovative sustainable achievements.
Winners and finalists will be announced at an awards presentation dinner hosted by the Premier on Thursday 17 November at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Each category winner will receive $2,500 to support on-going or future sustainability projects.
The online application is simple and time-effective: no formatting, design or printing is required. Just visit www.ehp.qld.gov.au/premiersawards and fill in the application form, addressing the criteria.