CitySmart’s annual Sustainability in Action celebration recognised the vital role of Partners in making our sustainability projects and initiatives a reality.
With special guest Lord Mayor Graham Quirk, we celebrated Brisbane’s sustainability achievements to grow its reputation as Australia’s most sustainable city.
View our 2018 highlights below, or check out our Annual Review here.
Over the last year CitySmart has delivered sustainable events, projects and programs with our valued Partners, including:
- Managing Brisbane City Council’s events including Green Heart Fair, Revive and Recreate to drive sustainability across the city
- Partnerships with Channel 7, Cleanaway, Queensland Urban Utilities and Rocky Point across our Green Heart Fairs, which attracted over 45,000 people
- Promoting simple and fun sustainable living ideas at EcoFair, which Brisbane Airport Corporation engaged CitySmart to manage for the third year running
- Coordinating Clean Up Australia Day on behalf of Brisbane City Council, with Cleanaway and Suez kindly donating their time and services to support the clean up
- Managing the Cleaner Suburbs Awards for Brisbane City Council, championing achievements of residents, businesses and groups with support from Cleanaway and CSR Bradford
- Empowering the Brisbane community to Live for Less, aligning over 40,000 followers with Brisbane City Council’s Clean, Green, Sustainable strategy
- Collaborating with the Queensland Government, Ergon Energy Retail and Queensland Council of Social Service to bring the Energy Savvy Families Program to regional Queensland households, empowering them to lower electricity bills with a range of services including Reduce Your Juice
- Delivering the Flood Resilient Homes Program on behalf of Brisbane City Council, helping residents prepare for and recover from overland flow flooding
- Partnering with Incorp to develop the t3 Initiative, which aims to improve commercial building sustainability by upgrading equipment and fittings to lower electricity costs and carbon emissions.
Sustainability in Action
Howard Smith Wharves, Feb 6th 2019
Become a Partner
Talk with our Business Development and Partnerships Manager Troy McGrath about what CitySmart can deliver for your brand or organisation.
The CitySmart Partner Program acts as a powerful conduit between business, community and governments. Our Council ownership gives us a unique insight into the workings of government and the challenges and risks faced every day, insights that can be invaluable to partners looking to advance their business and sustainability goals.
07 3007 7004
0419 404 442