Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions set out the information you need to know about becoming a Brisbane Carbon Challenge Champion Household (the Program). By submitting an online application form, you agree that these Terms and Conditions apply to your household.
2. The Brisbane Carbon Challenge is an initiative of Brisbane City Council delivered in partnership with Brisbane Green Heart CitySmart Pty Ltd ABN 28 099 480 010 (CitySmart) whose principal offices are at Level 8, 307 Queen Street, Brisbane, Queensland.
3. The Brisbane Carbon Challenge is supporting Brisbane residents to understand and take action to reduce their household carbon footprint and save on related household bills. As part of the Brisbane Carbon Challenge, up to twenty (20) Champion Households will be selected to demonstrate actions to reduce their carbon emissions over a 12-month period and document and share their experiences, including the challenges faced and emission reductions and cost savings achieved. Champion Households will be supported over the 12-month period by CitySmart and will receive information, tools, a Home Energy Monitoring System (HEMS), where practical, and tailored incentives with a total value up to $4500 including GST.
4. How to apply: To apply to become a Champion Household, use the Brisbane Carbon Challenge Calculator to estimate your household’s carbon footprint then submit an online application form. Only one application per household will be accepted. In order for an application to be valid, all mandatory fields must be complete and the application must otherwise comply with the requirements of these Terms and Conditions, including format, content, lodgment method and closing time. Illegible, incomplete, late or non-compliant entries are invalid and will not be accepted.
5. Application Period: Submissions open at 9:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) Tuesday 3 November 2020 and close at midnight AEST Sunday 10 January 2021.
6. Eligibility Criteria: The Eligibility Criteria for selection as a Champion Household are as follows:
a) the household must live in the local government area of the City of Brisbane
b) members of the household must not be employees or contracted staff of CitySmart or Brisbane City Council
c) the Applicant must be over the age of 18 and authorised to submit an application on behalf of the household.
7. Selection Criteria: All eligible applications will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria. The Selection Criteria are weighted to reflect their relative importance.
a) Potential to achieve a 50 percent reduction in household carbon emissions (weighting 50%)
– The household carbon footprint estimated using the Brisbane Carbon Challenge Calculator is greater than three (3) tonnes per person
– There are readily identifiable, measurable actions that the household may take to reduce their carbon footprint
b) Household commitment to sustainable behaviour change (weighting 30%)
– Interest in sustainability and motivation to reduce the household’s carbon emissions
– How the household will engage all members in sustainable behaviour change
– How the household will maintain momentum to continue their Brisbane Carbon Challenge journey for the 12-month duration
c) Household commitment to demonstrating sustainability leadership (weighting 20%)
– The household is motivated to share their Brisbane Carbon Challenge journey
– The household’s willingness to participate in Program activities that promote the benefits of taking action to reduce carbon emissions to others within their community.
8. Selection Process: Eligible applications will be assessed against the Selection Criteria and short-listed by CitySmart, ensuring that the short-list includes a representative sample of Brisbane households, considering household type (e.g. individuals, couples, families, sharers), geographic distribution, dwelling tenure (i.e. renter/owner occupier) and dwelling types (e.g. house/apartment). CitySmart may contact Applicants to clarify aspects of their application or request further information as part of the short-listing process. A Selection Panel will review the short-listed applications and provide selection recommendations. Brisbane City Council will make final selection decisions.
9. Selection Panel: The Selection Panel is to include the Chief Executive Officer of CitySmart and three (3) industry or community representatives nominated by Brisbane City Council. Panel members must absent themselves from decisions relating to any application where there may be a conflict of interest. All panel members are to be bound by a confidentiality agreement.
10. CitySmart and Brisbane City Council reserve the right to determine the eligibility of applications and select Champion Households. In the case of any disputes regarding Champion Household selection, Brisbane City Council’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. CitySmart reserves the right to verify the validity of the information provided in applications and may invalidate an application if it discovers or determines that an application does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or the Applicant has provided dishonest or incorrect information or that an application contains defamatory or offensive content.
12. CitySmart, its partners, sponsors, Selection Panel, staff and contractors shall not be held liable for any reason whatsoever resulting from its adjudication in good faith of the applications.
13. CitySmart will notify selected households in writing by email within three (3) business days of a decision by Brisbane City Council. Following notification, households will have ten (10) business days to respond in writing by email to CitySmart accepting their place in the Program. If an email response is not received by CitySmart within the specified timeframe, the place will be deemed to have not been accepted and may be offered to the next suitable Applicant.
14. Unsuccessful Applicants will be notified in writing once all available places in the Program have been filled.
15. Program Requirements: Champion Households will be required to participate in the Program for a period of 12 months. This will include:
a) participating in five (5) Program meetings, including an introductory workshop and quarterly coaching sessions with CitySmart – meetings may be held in-person at a central location or your home or virtually via video-conference
b) engaging with CitySmart to identify opportunities to reduce your household carbon emissions and bills, with a focus on home energy use, transport and waste
c) agreeing to and making reasonable endeavours to implement an Emission Reduction Action Plan that outlines strategies to achieve a 50 percent reduction in household carbon emissions
d) capturing and providing data and information to CitySmart to support Program monitoring, evaluation and promotion – this includes providing copies of bills and receipts, filling out diaries and providing photographs and videos documenting your household’s Program experiences
e) providing monthly progress updates to CitySmart describing actions taken during the month and observed outcomes.
16. Program Benefits: Champion Households will receive the following as part of their participation in the Program:
a) a detailed Household Carbon Footprint Assessment identifying sources of emissions and opportunities for reductions and related cost savings
b) a Welcome Kit containing tools and resources to get you started on your Brisbane Carbon Challenge journey
c) installation of a Home Energy Monitoring System (HEMS) providing real-time data on home energy use, where practical, valued at up to $2000 including GST per household – renters will need to obtain landlord approval for the installation of HEMS
d) a tailored Incentive Package valued at up to $2500 including GST per household to assist in implementing the Emission Reduction Action Plan – renters will need to obtain landlord approval for any incentives that involve modifications to the home
e) access to exclusive offers from local businesses providing sustainable products and services
f) opportunities to win prizes by participating in Program challenges and meeting and exceeding Emission Reduction Action Plan commitments.
17. Incentive Package: Incentive Packages valued at up to $2500 including GST are to be agreed as part of the Emission Reduction Action Plan and delivered over the 12-month Program duration. Incentives are to be selected from a menu of options and tailored for each Champion Household to address identified barriers to action. Incentives may include, but are not limited to:
a) free or discounted replacement of home appliances with models with a higher energy efficiency rating
b) free or discounted installation of smart devices and other home energy saving equipment
c) free or discounted replacement of home lighting with energy-efficient LEDs
d) free or discounted home improvements to increase building energy efficiency
e) free or discounted GreenPower for one year
f) contribution to installation of a household solar power system
g) free or discounted public transport or CityCycle subscription for one year
h) free or discounted bicycle, e-bike or e-scooter
i) free or discounted eco-driver training
j) free or discounted home compost system or worm farm
k) free home composting workshop
l) free green waste recycling service for one year
m) free re-usable nappies and accessories.
18. The Home Energy Monitoring System (HEMS), Incentive Package or any other benefits awarded as part of the Program are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
19. Any additional expenses incurred by Champion Households as part of their participation in the Program, other than those outlined in these Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of the Champion Household. These may include, but are not limited to:
a) travel to attend in-person meetings and events
b) any costs associated with implementing an Emission Reduction Action Plan, including the remaining cost of a good or service, where a discount or contribution is provided as part of an Incentive Package
c) any costs associated with the take up of exclusive offers made available to Champion Households by Program business partners
d) ongoing costs to continue to receive goods or services where these were funded for a defined period as part of an Incentive Package
e) ongoing maintenance or repair costs for any appliances, equipment or other home improvements provided as part of an Incentive Package (outside of product warranty provisions).
20. Privacy consent: By submitting an online application form, you acknowledge and agree that:
a) your household’s personal information, including any information provided in your application, Program correspondence, monthly progress updates and collected via the Home Energy Monitoring System (HEMS) shall be collected and stored by CitySmart
21. CitySmart and Brisbane City Council are subject to the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld). If a Right to Information request is made in relation to the Program, CitySmart will consult with any affected Applicants or Champion Households before any decision is made by CitySmart or Brisbane City Council to release the requested information.
22. Champion Households agree to participate in Program promotional activities (such as publicity and photography), free of charge. By accepting a place as a Champion Household, you:
a) consent to CitySmart and Brisbane City Council using the names, likenesses, images and/or voices of household members (including photographs, film and/or recordings of the same)
b) agree to provide CitySmart with photographs that feature your home and household members and consent to CitySmart and Brisbane City Council using the photographs in any media for an unlimited period without compensation for the purpose of promoting the Program (including any outcomes), or for CitySmart’s or Brisbane City Council’s use generally.
23. Warranty: Applicants and Champion Households warrant that the information included in their application or provided as part of their participation in the Program is to the best of their knowledge true and correct and that they will notify CitySmart of any changes to the information or changes in circumstances that may affect the application or Program participation.
24. Applicants and Champion Households must not do anything that may damage, bring into disrepute or ridicule the name, messages or reputation of CitySmart or Brisbane City Council, or attract public or media attention which may be prejudicial or otherwise detrimental to the name, messages or reputation of CitySmart or Brisbane City Council.
25. If the Program cannot run for any reasons beyond CitySmart’s control, including direction for any reason by Brisbane City Council, CitySmart reserves the right to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Program.
26. If your household can no longer participate in the Program for any reasons beyond CitySmart’s control, you must advise CitySmart in writing within a reasonable timeframe of becoming aware of your inability to continue your participation. CitySmart reserves the right to cancel your household’s involvement in the Program and you agree to forfeit incentives or other Program Benefits received (upon request from CitySmart) and will not be entitled to any further incentives, offers or other Program Benefits if:
a) CitySmart receives notification of your household’s inability to continue; or
b) CitySmart otherwise forms the view that an Applicant or Champion Household has failed to meet its obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
27. Liability: CitySmart and Brisbane City Council accept no responsibility whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, misplaced, lost or ineligible applications. Champion Households are responsible for their use of any Program material, Home Energy Monitoring Systems (HEMS), incentives or other Program Benefits, including complying with all relevant laws and any applicable terms and conditions of use. In the event that a Champion Household is a rental property, the renter must ensure that in participating in the Program, the renter complies with all of the terms and conditions of their tenancy or lease agreement and seeks their own independent legal advice in this regard where appropriate. CitySmart and Brisbane City Council are not liable under any circumstances to the renter or the landlord for any failure by the renter to obtain any necessary approvals from the landlord, nor any breach of the lease or tenancy terms by the renter due to the renter’s participation in the Program. CitySmart and Brisbane City Council make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Program material, HEMS, incentives or other Program Benefits. To the extent permitted by law, CitySmart and Brisbane City Council are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with entry into the Program or acceptance of the Program material, HEMS, incentives or other Program Benefits. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Program material, HEMS, incentives or other Program Benefits.
28. CitySmart reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the Program at any time without further recourse to the Applicants or Champion Households. Any updates to these Terms and Conditions will be published on CitySmart’s website.
29. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland.