When you visit www.citysmart.com.au, we collect some data about you via your browser. This data tells us useful things like what articles and pages our readers like the most, and what they don’t like. Our aim is to continually refine our online offering and make it more interesting and useful for you, our reader.
We won’t sell your data to any third parties. Period. That includes your name and email address if you sign up to our CitySmart newsletter.
Brisbane Green Heart CitySmart Pty Ltd ACN 099 480 010 (We, Us) is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
In this policy:
- Personal Information has the meaning given under the Privacy Act.
- Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Related Entities has the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Sensitive Information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
- Services means the offers and services provided by us or the companies and individuals who work with us.
- Website means www.citysmart.com.au
Collecting your Personal Information
- To provide you with our Services, we may collect your Personal Information. We will:tell you when and for what purpose we will be collecting the information;
- tell you what information is necessary to use our Services;
- not ask for or collect any sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to meet legal, public interest or statistical requirements to complete the requested transaction; and
- take all reasonable steps to permanently remove personal identification from the information collected about you if it is no longer needed.
If at any time you supply Personal Information to us about any other person (e.g. another member of your household), you represent and we accept that information on the basis that you are authorised to do so and that the relevant person has consented to the disclosure to us.
Using your Personal Information
When you provide us with your Personal Information it will be used to:
- provide our Services;
- process your inquiries and improve our Services to you;
- advise you of additional services or information which may be of interest to you;
- develop existing and new products and services; and
- maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems.
Disclosing Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any other person or organisation unless:
- you have given consent for us to do so;
- we are authorised or required by law or a court/tribunal order to disclose;
- disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health, or safety or any individual or to public health or safety;
- we have reasons to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, or may be engaged and the disclosure is necessary in our for us to take appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- the person or organisation is providing services to us and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy legislation principles.
Protecting your Personal Information
We will take reasonable step to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. While we do all we reasonably can to protect your Personal Information, including by investing in security software, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure.
The open nature of the Internet is such that information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including your Personal Information, it is sent at your own risk.
You should also contact us immediately if you believe:
- someone has gained access to your Personal Information;
- we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way; or
How your information is stored
We endeavour to keep our information systems and files secured from unauthorised access. Our procedures to securely store Personal Information include electronic and physical security measures, staff training and use of password protection software.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will remove or de-identify the Personal Information as soon as reasonably possible. We may, however, retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, for the prevention of fraud, for insurance and governance purposes, in our IT back-up, for the collection of any monies owed and to resolve disputes.
How you can update, correct, or delete your Personal Information
You may request access to your Personal Information or correct any inaccurate or out of date information by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details below.
You may request the source of any information we collect from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, unless under the Privacy Act or other law there is a reason for this information being withheld.
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act or other law for us not to provide you with information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
As part of the Program we will contact you or send you information via email, SMS or post. We therefore need your information to be up to date. You must therefore:
- Ensure that any information you give us is accurate, current and complete; and keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date.
All Personal Information submitted by any Participant for the purposes of the Program or the Consortium receives as a result of the Program are governed by the privacy policies of each of the Consortium members and may be shared within the Consortium or for the purposes of the Program. These can be accessed by clicking on the links below:
Brisbane Green Heart CitySmart Pty Ltd (CitySmart) owns or licenses all content on this website and we assert our right to be recognised as the author of original material on this website.
CitySmart supports the sharing of information and the use of the website content for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under copyright legislation. However, you are not permitted to reproduce or reuse content on this website for commercial purposes.
CitySmart distributes the information on this website as a general reference source.
This website contains links to other websites operated by organisations other than CitySmart. The other websites are outside of CitySmart’s control and links are provided for your convenience.
Despite our best efforts, CitySmart makes no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
CitySmart disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website or any linked website being inaccurate or incomplete.
© Brisbane Green Heart CitySmart Pty Ltd 2016
Brisbane Green Heart CitySmart Pty Ltd (CitySmart) supports and encourages the reuse of its information (including data), and endorses the use of the Australian Governments’ Open Access and Licensing Framework.
CitySmart material on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. However, this does not extend to the insignia, branding and trade marks, and where otherwise indicated.
Please give attribution to: © Brisbane Green Heart CitySmart Pty Ltd 2016. We also request that you observe and retain any copyright or related notices that may accompany this material as part of the attribution.