CitySmart projects & programs
CitySmart is currently delivering multi-million dollar projects and programs at local, state and federal levels to help build more sustainable communities and drive positive economic outcomes.
Our current projects include:
- Flood Resilient Homes Program, helping Brisbane residents build flood resilience. An initiative of Brisbane City Council delivered in partnership with CitySmart.
- Reduce Your Juice, a gamified behaviour change program tailored for energy efficiency.
- Live For Less, a community co-created program that empowers Brisbane residents to live better for less through smarter, sustainable living.
- The t3 initiative that delivers sustainable upgrades for commercial buildings that are win-win for tenants and landlords.
- Australia’s first shared District Cooling System to provide cheaper/more efficient air conditioning for CBD buildings.
Our past projects include:
- A Tariff Reform Research Project that uncovered the decision-making styles and changing needs of consumer households across Australia and the implications for electricity tariff reform and time-of-use pricing.
- Queensland Watt Savers which gave more than 300 small to medium enterprises easy-to-use tools and expertise to reduce energy consumption and related expenses.
- EzyGreen, a residential energy reduction program, which engaged 61,000 Brisbane households to save over $10 million in annual energy costs.
- The city’s first electric vehicle charging station in King George Square.